About our Institute
JSC "VNIIZHT" is the largest scientific center of the railway industry in the field of scientific-research and design developments. It can carry out the whole range of certification tests.
The Institute was founded in 1918 and in 2008 it was transformed into JSC "VNIIZHT" — a subsidiary of JSC "RZD".
Scientists of JSC "VNIIZHT» actively participate in solving of various important matters of the railway sector. 20 scientific divisions and centers, including 53 laboratories, implement а wide range of research works in all areas of railway transport: infrastructure, rolling stock, wheel-rail interaction system, transport material engineering, complex issues of network development, corporate economy, ecology and labor protection.
The core competences of the institute are:
• development and modernization of rolling stock, systems of its operation and repair:
• development of track design, energy engineering and power supply devices and the system of their operation and repair;
• material science for transport, welding;
• organization of passenger traffic and service;
• organization of high speed passenger traffic;
• organization of heavy haul operation;
• studies of train-track interaction;
• railway transporteconomy;
• Certification tests, metrology and standardization оп the railway transport.
А complex of tests comprises the following:
• laboratory and bench tests of components and designs;
• field tests with the speeds up to 120 km/h оп the Test Loop (Scherblnka station);
• field tests with the speeds up to 200 km/h оп the high-speed test site (Belorechenskaya station).
The total number of employees (including branches) is more than 1700 people, including 34 doctors of Sciences and 154 candidates of Sciences.